Evening game at Kyle! Evening game at Kyle!
What You Need to Know:
- First and foremost, a limited number of tickets are still available for the game. Grab them HERE and come join us at Kyle.
- SMU is 1-1 on the year, with a loss to Texas Tech (23-41) and a win over the Montana State Bobcats (31-30).
- SMU finished 7-6 last season, including a victory over Fresno State in the Hawai'i Bowl.
- Over the offseason, SMU moved from Conference USA to the American Atlantic Conference.
- Your very own Fightin' Texas Aggies went up to Dallas last season and destroyed SMU 48-3.
Mustangs to Watch
# 11 - Garrett Gilbert (QB)
The former Longhorn five-star recruit is in his second season with the Mustangs, and has thrown for 706 yards and 1 TD this season. He also leads the Mustangs in rushing so far this year (82 yards).
#15 - Jeremy Johnson and #18 - Darius Joseph (WRs)
Johnson leads the team in receiving with 19 receptions for 243 yards, while Joseph is right behind him with 23 receptions for 216 yards (including the game winning reception last week with under twenty seconds to play).
#21 - Kenneth Acker (CB)
Last season the Mustangs had seven players who received First or Second Team All Conference-USA honors. Of those seven, Acker is the only one who is still on the team. Acker has ten solo tackles and two passes defended so far through two games.
- A&M leads the all-time series vs. SMU with a record of 43-29-7
- A&M is 11-0-1 in the last 12 matchups with SMU. The tie came back in 1994 at the Alamodome.
Last Year's QB Matchup
- Manziel - 20/36 for 294 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 2 sacks (Note - Johnny only played 3 quarters)
- Gilbert - 23/49 for 203 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks
- Give me your favorite A&M-SMU memory from last year.
- Have a good SMU story from back in the day?
- Predict the score.
Post your thoughts and comments on the matchup below and check back on Wednesday for THE TAILGATE.