Oh boy I have been waiting for this one. Not just because of the plethora of music from Alabama, but who hasn't been ready for this game since July? I attended the SHSU game, but that was only a warm up for this weekend. Ms. Spano please elaborate:
I wasn't too surprised to find out Alabama as a state has some pretty amazing musicians coming out of it, Tuscaloosa not so much though. I was surprised in my research, random typing of Alabama towns, the the Yellowhammer State has produced 3 amazingly disappointing American Idol finalists. A runner up with this handsome devil
and TWO WINNERS!!!!!
Did he ever really leave us?
I think the Soul Patrol has been off duty for a couple years.
None of the gentlemen are on the playlist this week, but it really doesn't matter, I could listen to Barry Manilow for the next 48 hours and still be pumped for this game. (there is no Barry Manilow either) I hope everyone enjoys this week and this weekend especially. Happy listening BTHOAlabama!!!!
1.Alabama - Cross Canadian Ragweed
Was there any other song I could really kick this thing off with?
2. All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down) - Hank Williams Jr.
Hank's pappy was born in the Cotton State, plus as you come back to College Station it always feels this way
3. All Night Long - Lionel Ritchie
Proud son of Tuskegee, and I do just want to dance on the ceiling
4. Blood Red Summer - Coheed and Cambria
Certain I will put on here every week
5. Call Your Girlfriend - Robyn
I hope Johnny calls AJ and just plays this song over and over again
6. Cowboys from Hell - Pantera
OH F*CK YES!!!!!!
7. Dead, Drunk and Naked - Drive-By Truckers
Fun band and 2/5 are from The Shoals
8. Fire's Highway - Japandroids
No reason, just listen
9. Hold On - Alabama Shakes
Brittany Howard can sing to me all day
10. Hold On, We're Going Home - Drake
11. Honky Tonkin' - Hank Williams
12. If You're Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the Band) - Alabama
Child of 90's here, so I love this band
13. In the Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett
Mr. Pickett, from Pratville, one of the best voices of the 60's
14. Land of 1000 Dances - Wilson Picket
Wilson gets two slots
15. Marigold - J Roddy Walston and the Business
16. Naked Ground - Dexateens
Hey, look a band from Tuscaloosa! Gold star for these guys.
17.One Angry Dwarf and Two Hundred Solemn Faces
18. One More Time - Daft Punk
Oh please, please, please make the lyrics come true
19. Paper Planes(Remix) - M.I.A
Rich Boy tell'em
20. Song of the South - Alabama
They get one more spot
21. Southtown Girls - The Hold Steady
This song always reminds me Northgate for some reason
22. Throw Some D's (Remix) - Rich Boy
Proud Alabama rapper, and there's hos in the parking lot allegedly
23. Way Down in the Hole - The Blind Boys of Alabama
Great song, and the theme of "The Wire', go watch 'The Wire'
24. When I'm Gone - The White Buffalo
One more year Mr. Manziel
25. Whistle Dixie - Yelawolf
Alabama's version of Eminem, somehow more white trashy
26. You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon
This one's for you Big Al