I'm an excitable guy. When I'm watching football or even thinking about football, I tend to talk loudly...even whilst on twitter. So with that in mind, I've decided to channel that energy into a game preview. Every week I will give you 12 things to look forward to, be all caps about, take your pants off in excitement about...whatever, in regards to that game. Each week will also have a soundtrack as well.
This week's soundrack is an oldie(ish) but a goodie. It was my theme song for the 2012 football season. I give yo Clique by Big Sean, Kanye West, and Jay Z. I will be listening to it as I write this, and I encourage you to listen to it as you read it.
12. AS I LOOK AROUND THEY DONT IT LIKE MY CLIQUE. 12th man. We're going to be together on Saturday.
11. College football is back. DID YOU HEAR ME? COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS BACK. Holy Hell. USCe vs North Carolina? Vandy vs. Ole Miss. DEAR GOD COLLEGE FOOTBALL I HAVE MISSED YOU SO DAMN MUCH I NEED YOU IN ME.
10. We're a top 10 team. I know that's brought us heartbreak before, but TO HELL WITH THAT THIS IS OUR DAMN YEAR. OUR DAMN YEAR.
9. RSJ and Mike Evans on the field at the same time. I REPEAT RSJ AND MIKE EVANS ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME DAMN TIME
8. Steven Jenkins switched his number from #45 to #8. All nightmares of #8 running stop routes aside, I love this move. #8 is a fierce number on him and OH GOD LOOK AT THIS PICTURE HE WILL LITERALLY RIP YOU TO SHREDS WITH HIS BARE VEINY ARMS.
7. True freshman Kenny Hill is going to go from playing high school football to possibly starting in his very first college football game. Baptism by fire? Well...it is rice, but sure why not. GO EAT GREEDY KENNY.
6. Reflect back on where were 6 months ago. We had just inked one of the best classes in the country, and had no idea of what the summer from hell was to bring. WE MADE IT YALL.
5. Or should I say .5--In some sense I'm looking forward to the half game suspension, because we get to see what the rest of the team is about. I know it's just Rice, but damn. It will be eye opening enough to see how well our RBs can run behind our OL...then when you add Johnny? BOI STOP
speaking of our OL, i invite you to feast your eyes on this tweet by Ced Ogbuehi. Read it.
Glad my boy is good n we can just start concentrating on winning a Natty!— Cedric Ogbuehi (@Nuff_ced70) August 29, 2013
4. SHARKNADO. SHARKING. SHARK CITY. SHARK SHARK CITY BIIIITCH. Read this article about our boy Toney Hurd. And be excited for the levels of success he's going to have this year.
3. This guy is healthy. 100% healthy. And he's ready to do big things this year.
2. Heisman. They gave it to him. JOHNNY IS BACK ON THE FIELD Y'ALL. THE BEST DAMN PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEARS MAROON AND WHITE AND HE'LL BE BACK ON THE FIELD (in the second half) ON SATURDAY. I AM ISSUING A MANDATORY NO PANTS DECLARATION THE SECOND HE STEPS ON THE FIELD YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
1. The heart and soul of this team is Ben Malena. Every single year folks question whether he's going to get passed up and all he does is kick ass. Ben Malena is quietly back and quietly ready to take this year by storm. HEY RICE. SAY HIS NAME. BEN MALENA IS BACK.
Whew. I need a nap now. We made it y'all. We're here. Less than 48 hours remain until A&M takes the field. Two more days remain between us and what should be a damn fun year.