What You Need to Know:
- The Chick-fil-A Bowl is played at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 12th Man Foundation ticket information can be found HERE.
- Student ticket information can be found HERE.
- .PDF Seating Chart
- Duke enters the bowl game with a 10-3 record (6-2 ACC) this season.
- The Blue Devils are ranked #22 in the AP poll, #21 in the USA Today/Coaches poll, and #24 in the BCS.
- Duke fell to (#1) Florida State by a score of 45-7 in the ACC Championship game over the weekend.
- Duke won the ACC Coastal Division this year.
- The Chick-fil-A Bowl is the only bowl game televised during it's time-slot.
Association of Former Students Events
- Details for yell practice, tailgating and Aggie HQ are being worked on right now. Once the information is finalized, it can be found HERE.
- The Blue Devils and Aggies have never met before.
- Texas A&M has played only two games in Atlanta, both against Georgia Tech (1965 and 1966).
- Kevin Sumlin played in the 1984 Peach Bowl while at Purdue, losing 27-24 to Virginia.
- A&M is currently on a two game bowl winning streak. The program has never won three in a row.
- Duke has appeared in 9 bowl games, with an all-time record of 3-6.
- Steve Spurrier was given his first head coaching job at Duke in 1987. Spurrier won ACC Coach of the Year honors in 1988 and 1989, and led the Blue Devils to an ACC co-championship 1989. After three seasons, Spurrier left for Florida.
Blue Devils to Watch
#3 Jamison Crowder (WR)
Crowder, a junior, leads the ACC with with 7.4 receptions/game and has 10 touchdowns on the year. Crowder also holds the Duke single-season records for receiving yards (1,197) and pass receptions (96).
#16 Jeremy Cash (S)
Cash, a RS sophomore, has racked up 117 tackles (including 8 for loss) and has four interceptions this year. He recorded 12 or more tackles in a game five times this season.
#6 Ross Cockrell (CB)
Cockrell, a first-team, all-ACC redshirt senior, holds program records for career passes defended (53), pass breakups (41), and interceptions (12).
- Game time: December 31, 2013 @ 7:00 pm CT
- Channel: ESPN
- Announcers: Rece Davis, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack and Sam Ponder will be calling the game.
- Radio Coverage available via the Texas A&M Sports Network.
Here's a look at what various media outlets are saying about the matchup:
Chick-fil-A Bowl Press Release: Chick-fil-A Bowl Matches #24 Duke and #21 Texas A&M in Prime Time on New Year's Eve
The Herald-Sun (Durham, NC): Duke will face Texas A&M
Dallas Morning News: Reports: Texas A&M headed to Atlanta
- Comment below and give us your initial thoughts on the matchup.
- Are you planning on heading to Atlanta?
- Atlanta area Ags, give us some info on your fair city. Where to eat, where to drink, where to stay.
Keep checking GBH for complete bowl coverage. BTHO Duke!