We received a copy of Kevin Sumlin's new contract via a records request today. The entire PDF is available here:
Here are some of the major highlights:
• Contract effective January 1, 2014 and ending on December 31, 2019;
• Annual evaluations shall occur in the month of February of each year.
• $5,000,000.00 annually, payable in monthly installments.
• SUMLIN shall have, at all times, the use of two vehicles through the car program of the Athletic Department;
• SUMLIN shall be provided a club membership at one country club located in Brazos County, Texas.
• SEC Championship Appearance - $100,000
• Winning the SEC Championship Football Game - $150,000
• Appearance in an NCAA sanctioned post-season bowl game other than the Cotton Bowl, Chick-fil-A Bowl, Capital One Bowl or the Outback Bowl (inclusive of any successors thereto) that is not a Bowl Championship Series ("BCS") football game - $50,000
• Appearance in the Cotton Bowl, Chick-fil-A Bowl, Capital One Bowl or the Outback Bowl, (inclusive of any successors thereto) - $100,000;
• Appearance in a non-national championship post-season BCS football game, $250,000 or win non-National Championship post-season BCS football game - $300,000;
• Appearance in the BCS National Championship football game ("NCG"), $300,000 or win NCG, $400,000.
• In the event a post-season playoff system (the "Playoffs") is enacted during the Term, the parties agree to negotiate in good faith with respect to a reasonable bonus structure and, nonetheless and at a minimum, any such new bonus structure(s) will be at least commensurate with other similarly situated programs for such a restructured BCS or such Playoffs.
• SEC Conference (or other applicable conference) Coach of the Year - $50,000
• National Coach of the Year honor by the American Football Coaches Association or the Associated Press - $75,000.
APR of 950 - 964: $50,000 ($35,000 Coach/$15,000 to staff)
APR of 965 - 974: $75,000 ($50,000 Coach/$25,000 to staff)
APR of 975 and higher: $100,000 ($75,000 Coach/$25,000 to staff)
The UNIVERSITY will make available to SUMLIN an assistant coaches’ salary pool of $3,400,000 in 2013. Thereafter, SUMLIN and the Director will meet annually to mutually determine the assistant coaches’ salary pool for that particular year, it being agreed that said salary pool will be set each year at a level which will enable the UNlVERSlTY’s football program to remain competitive with all other top-tier SEC football programs.
Should SUMLIN terminate this Agreement without cause prior to the last game of the 2016-17 football season, including any bowl game, SUMLIN shall pay to the UNIVERSITY as liquidated damages the sum of $5,000,000.00.
There was one more tidbit that we found interesting:
SUMLIN agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of the Texas A&M University All-Sport Agreement with adidas America dated July 2, 2007.
We're looking into this further.