What You Need to Know:
- Want to join us at Kyle Field? Hopefully you already have your tickets, as this game is sold out. We recommend FLASH SEATS, as it's the official secondary market of Aggie Athletics.
- This Saturday is Senior Day at Kyle Field. Make sure you are in the stadium early this week, as the seniors playing their final game at Kyle Field will be honored.
- The Bulldogs come into town with a 4-4 record so far (1-3 SEC).
- Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott's mother passed away from cancer on Sunday morning. We here at GBH send our thoughts and prayers out to the Prescott family in this time.
- Both A&M and Mississippi State were established as land-grant colleges after Congress passed the Morrill Act of 1862.
- Mississippi State was once known as Mississippi A&M, and Mississippi State students were originally called Aggies, then Maroons, and finally officially became the Bulldogs in 1961.
- Former Aggie coaches in Starkville: Jackie Sherrill holds the record for most wins at MSU (75), and Emory Bellard is third on their list with 37.
- Current MSU Offensive Coordinatior Les Koenning held the same position at A&M from 2003-2007. He also coached the wide receivers at A&M from 1994-1996.
- Vic Schaefer (former A&M associate head coach under Gary Blair) is currently the head coach of the Mississippi State women's basketball team.
- Saturday will be the seventh meeting between A&M and Mississippi State. The series is tied 3-3.
- Texas A&M broke out the black uniforms last year in Starkville, and cruised to a 38-13 victory. Relive that beautiful day HERE.
- Famous Mississippi State graduates? Eric Moulds, Buck Showalter, Jonathan Papelbon, Rafael Palmero, Will Clark, John Grisham, and A&M's very own Jason Cook.
Bulldogs to Watch
#11 Deontae Skinner (LB)
Skinner, also a senior, has recorded 50 total tackles, one sack, and one interception so far this season. If his name sounds familiar, you may remember that he recorded eight tackles against A&M last season.
#1 - Nickoe Whitley (DB)
Whitley, a senior, is tied for second in the SEC with 3 interceptions this season (two of them against Auburn). Along with 31 total tackles so far, he has also blocked one kick. Whitley was named 2013 preseason All-SEC by Athlon Sports.
- Game time: 2:30 pm CT
- Channel: CBS
- Tim Brando, Aaron Taylor, and Kristina Akra will be calling the game.
- Radio Coverage available via the Texas A&M Sports Network and XM Radio Channel 200.
Here's a look at what various media outlets are saying about the Bulldogs this week:
- Predict the score and tell us what you're most looking forward to Saturday.
- Click on our Facebook page and give us a thumbs up - http://www.facebook.com/GoodBullHunting
- Go say hello to our Mississippi State SB Nation crew over at For Whom The Cowbell Tolls
Post your thoughts and comments on the matchup below and check back tomorrow the Good Bull Hunting TAILGATE. Trust me....It'll make you take your 12th Man towel out, twist it 'round your head, and spin it like a helicopter.