What You Need to Know:
- The 12th Man Foundation still has tickets available for the game, so click HERE and purchase yours.
- Missouri enters this weekend with a 10-1 record (6-1 SEC).
- The Tigers are ranked #5 in the AP poll, #6 in the USA Today/Coaches poll, and #5 in the BCS.
- Missouri is coming off a 24-10 road win at Ole Miss.
- The Tigers are a half game above South Carolina in the SEC East right now and are guaranteed (at worst) a co-SEC East title. A win over A&M would put Missouri in the SEC Championship game.
- This is senior night for the Tigers, as well as their annual "blackout" game.
- Memorial Stadium/Faurot Field seats 71,004 people.
Association of Former Students Events
- Midnight Yell Practice will be hosted by the Gateway A&M Club and The Association of Former Students at Harry's Restaurant and Bar (2144 Market St, St. Louis, MO 63103)
- An All Aggie tailgate will be hosted by the Heart of America A&M Club and The Association of Former Students, as well as Aggieland Outfitters (who will have their AO Roadtrip RV there). The tailgate will begin around 2:30 pm. (EDIT: Per jzimmermann11 below, the tailgate on Saturday is in the Truman’s Landing lot south of the stadium)
- For more details as they are released, click HERE.
- The Tigers and Aggies have met 13 times, with A&M holding the series lead 8-5.
- A&M won the first six matchups between the two schools.
- A&M defeated Mizzou last year in College Station by a score of 59-29.
- Famous Missouri graduates? Sam Walton, Ian Kinsler, Sheryl Crow, John Hamm, and Pat Forde. Brad Pitt attended but left the school two weeks before graduation.
Tigers to Watch
#52 Michael Sam (DE)
Sam has been named a finalist for the Rotary Lombardi Award (lineman of the year), as well as the Bronko Nagurkski Trophy (outstanding defensive player). Sam currently leads the SEC with 10.0 sacks, as well as tackles for loss (17.0 total / 1.5 per game).
Missouri leads the nation with a 41 game takeaway streak. Speaking of turnovers, the Tigers are +14 this season (26 takeaways, 12 turnovers lost). The Tigers' 1.27 margin/game ranks sixth best in the country. Their defense has also recorded 18 interceptions so far, which ties them for fourth best in the nation.
#20 Henry Josey (TB)
Having rushed for 855 yards this season, expect to see a heavy dose of Josey this weekend. The Junior is fourth in the SEC with 12 rushing touchdowns this season and is averaging 6.1 yards/carry.
- Game time: 6:45 pm CT
- Channel: ESPN
- "You are looking live..." Brent Musburger will have the play by play, along with Kirk Herbstreit (color commentary) and Heather Cox on the sideline.
- Radio Coverage available via the Texas A&M Sports Network and XM Radio Channel 91.
Here's a look at what various media outlets are saying about the Tigers this week:
MUTigers.com: Mizzou Football Media Day Quotes - Nov. 25
St Louis Post Dispatch: Tackling is key for Mizzou vs. Manziel
NewsTribune.com: Missouri looks to keep unlikely year going
Columbia Daily Tribune: Missouri Media Day Notes: Matching up with Manziel
- What happens Saturday night?
- Click on our Facebook page. Like us. Be our friend. - http://www.facebook.com/GoodBullHunting
- Go check out the Mizzou SB Nation crew over at Rock M Nation.
Post your thoughts and comments on the matchup below and check back tomorrow the Good Bull Hunting TAILGATE. BTHO Mizzou!