What You Need to Know:
- LSU enters this weekend with a 7-3 record (3-3 SEC).
- The Tigers are ranked #18 in the AP poll, #19 in the USA Today/Coaches poll, and #22 in the BCS.
- LSU and A&M both had a bye last weekend.
- A&M is looking for their 11th straight road win, which would set a new school record.
- A&M has scored 40+ points in 13 straight games, and have had nine straight games of 500+ total yards.
- Since 1960, LSU is 231-61-4 (.784) when playing in Tiger Stadium at night. Lucky for A&M, the Tigers are 27-26-3 (.500) at home during the day in that span.
- There are 38 active NFL players who attended LSU. This is second only to USC, who has 40.
Association of Former Students Events
- Midnight Yell Practice will be held at Johnny White's Pub and Grill at 718 Bourbon St. in the French Quarter of New Orleans, LA.
- All Aggie tailgate hosted by the Baton Rouge A&M Club, New Orleans A&M Club and The Association of Former Students will be held on the LSU campus on the SW Corner of the LSU Parade Grounds near the LSU Union. It is open FREE to ALL Aggies.
- For more information, click HERE.
- Dana Bible was LSU's coach for the last three games in 1916. In 1917, he took over as head coach at A&M.
- Steve Kragthorpe, LSU's special assistant to the head coach, coached at A&M from 1997-2000 (offensive coordinator/wide receivers).
- Steve Ensminger, LSU's current tight end coach, was the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at A&M from 1994-1996.
- The Tigers and Aggies have met 51 times, with LSU holding the series lead 28-20-3.
- A&M has won the last two time the teams have met in Baton Rouge (1992 and 1994).
- LSU defeated A&M last year in College Station by a score of 24-19.
- Famous LSU graduates? Shaquille O'Neal, James Carville, Hubert Humphrey, and the members of Better Than Ezra.
Tigers to Watch
#8 Zach Mettenberger (QB)
Mettenberger is the first player in LSU history to have back-to-back 2,500 yards passing seasons. He has thrown for 20 TDs this year, and is currently second in the SEC in pass efficiency. Mettenberger has 56 completions of 20+ yards this season.
#33 - Jeremy Hill (RB)
Hill, a sophomore, is second in the SEC with 107.1 yards/game, and fourth in total rushing yards (964) this year. Hill has rushed for 100+ yards in five of his last eight games. Hill has had 283 carries in his career, and has not lost a fumble yet.
- Game time: 2:30 pm CT
- Channel: CBS
- Everyone's favorite uncle, Verne Lundquist, will be calling the game along with Gary Danielson and the lovely Tracy Wolfson.
- Radio Coverage available via the Texas A&M Sports Network and XM Radio Channel 91 (LSU feed).
Here's a look at what various media outlets are saying about the Tigers this week:
LSUSports.net: Miles Previews Aggies' Return to Tiger Stadium (press conference video)
- Favorite LSU memory? I know several of you have seen some great games. Let's hear about it.
- The forecast calls for rain. Who does this help more?
- Poll question is back!
- Click on our Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/GoodBullHunting
- Go check out the LSU SB Nation crew over at And The Valley Shook.
Post your thoughts and comments on the matchup below and check back tomorrow the Good Bull Hunting TAILGATE. Bring the hate. It's LSU week.