You know I almost forgot that we had a game this weekend. After the thrashing we gave Vanderbilt, I just kind of ignored UTEP and started thinking about the rest of the season. The only reason I would have cared about UTEP was to see Jameill Play....
Sweet Jameill. I mean look at this face.
The only way I can really get mad at UTEP (who by the way lost to Rice by 38!!) is to think about HOW THEY TOOK OUR SWEET JAMEILL AWAY. I KNOW THAT HE LEFT AND IT WAS A GOOD DECISION ON HIS PART BUT I'M TRYING REALLY HARD TO BE MAD AT THE MINERS. THEY TOOK HIM. THEY TOOK HIM FROM US AND GAVE US NO RANSOM NOTE. THEY MUST FEEL PAIN.
I'm sorry, I cant even fake being angry about this game. This is a "barely any caps" preview. I feel for the Miners because they are going to get crushed to within an inch of their life by our first teamers, and then they are going to be put out of their misery and have their carcasses danced over by our second and third teamers. We're going to burn them down. I mean legitimately, set them on fire.
Which leads us to the song of the day. I struggled with this one. We don't need pump up music, we need party-ish rap. I landed on "Gasolina" by Daddy Yankee. Goes well with UTEP and the whole burning down their team thing. Plus a Friday without a little bit of Reggaeton is...well a normal Friday, but still. So listen, dance, and have a good time because that's what we're going to do this weekend.
Let's go to the countdown.
16) I know this is an offensive countdown, but I gotta give Donnie Baggs an internet high five for his play last weekend. I've always said that this team could use a few more D. Baggs and this play below exemplified that.
13) MIKE EVANS. THIS WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR NUMBER FOREVER AND EVER.
Which got me thinking about numbers that I'll always associate with specific players. So I decided to go through my memory and make my own Aggie football roster (contribute your own in the comments) from the players that immediately come to mind.
4-Toney Hurd but Dwayne Goynes did come to mind (I DONT KNOW WHY)
5-Toya Jones (for without him we'd have no Big 12 Championship), Toombs
13-MIKE THIS WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR NUMBER
15-Stephen McGee (coming in as a RS frosh in that 2005 Longhorn game)
21-Big Play Jay Brooks
24-Richard Whitaker (no clue why I remember that)
28-Joe Weber (I remember being so pumped when we landed him from cali), also Toombs
31-Sean Weston--how many times did I curse his name
41-Archie McDaniel (who's gone on to have a great career as an Asst Coach)
42-Kirbo, Chris Taylor
87-Derrick Spiller (would have been the best TE to come out of A&M if not for the prescription drug bust)
90-Stephen Young (why?)
91-Kellen Heard (right?)
96-Ron Edwards (very underrated)
That's off the top of my head. And sometimes I can't remember where i put my keys, but I can remember that. That's sad.
12) I know it's a late game but 12th Man SHOW UP AND BE LOUD FOR A WHILE.
11) DEREL WALKER WHY ARE YOU A SENIOR THE GAME IS JUST NOW CLICKING FOR YOU?
8) STEVEN JENKINS DAMN NEAR KILLED A GUY LAST WEEK
7) Let's talk Kenny Hill. I was very impressed with him last week, and I was equally impressed by the play calling with him in the game. Uptempo, mix of run and pass. The throw he had to 6) Quiv was just a thing of beauty...good read and good throw. I'm impressed by him
5) I've long thought that Brandon Williams could be the Percy Harvin of this offense...put him everywhere and let him make plays. But I was pleased to see him doing big things between the tackles last week. I expect to see him a lot this weekend.
3) Bold prediction. Trey Williams will have 200+ all purpose yards this weekend (it's a bold prediction, not a smart one. work with me here)
2) 10-10 on that first drive. 10-10 with a bum shoulder. Just when I cant be more impressed with you, you go 10-10 on a bum shoulder (never mind the fact that we maybe should have mixed in some runs but I cant argue with the result)
1) Ben had a quiet game against vandy, and might be on the verge of getting passed up by Trey, but I will continue to beat the drum for him because he just does everything right. So in honor of Ben, who we only get to see play in Aggie maroon for a few more games) THE KING IS BACK.
So there you have it. Not that many caps, but once the game goes, I'll be ALL CAPS ON TWITTER because we're going to roll the shit out of poo-tep (you see what i did there?). On deck is Another week, (hopefully) another big win, and another dominating performance by your Aggies.