Jerome Miron-US PRESSWIRE
This week we're taking some conferences to task. It's a BlogPoll, you animals!
I shouldn't have to give this disclaimer again, but for new readers, here we go: I think polls are silly. Preseason polls are the worst. There couldn't be a more arbitrary, subjective, biased way to view teams that play completely unique schedules and suffer losses at different times. What's to like about polls? They let us bicker like paste-eating dolts with no restitution. This week, I'm digging deeper into conferences based on MY poll which is iron-clad and perfect.
- ACC. Nice week for the ACC in their rivalry games against SEC. Number of ranked teams: 2. Average ranking of said teams: 14.5.
- Big 12. I'm going to get ripped for where I slot K-State. You can't get boatraced by Baylor and not take punishment. Number of ranked teams: 4. Average ranking of said teams: 17. The Big 12 is happy to tell anyone who listens that they are the deepest league in the country. I think a more apt description is they are the league with the most parity of mediocrity.
- Big 10. Number of ranked teams: 4. Average ranking of said teams: 15.5. What the hell do we do with Ohio State? They're just kind of... there.
- Big East. :( Number of ranked teams: 0. Average ranking of said teams: you can't divide by zero. #MATH. Friendly reminder: this league gets to send someone to the Orange Bowl.
- Pac-12. Number of ranked teams: 4. Average ranking of said teams: 12.25. USC starts the season as No. 1. Notre Dame starts the season unranked. Completely reversed now. College football is the best.
- SEC. Number of ranked teams: 6. Average ranking of said teams: 5. Mathologists - I know that average doesn't tell the whole story. I also know the bottom half of the SEC is very poor (coach firing bukkake). This league is still the very best, and it isn't close.