Hot Sports Takes:
- I have not watched much of the Texas Longhorns this year. I watched Saturday. I will not be ranking this team for the remainder of the year unless they win out which they most certainly will not. That is a soft, entitled, lost football team in too many key areas. Don't worry, the coaches' SIDs still managed to slot the Horns at 22 this week after a miracle comeback against a team that hasn't beat a BCS program in its last 18 tries.
- The writers have Louisville at 12 and the coaches have them at 10. I'm not buying yet. My conscience won't allow me to over-reward a team for eeking by average and below-average teams all season.
- Later Rutgers. I told you that you had no business being ranked as highly as you were. You got beat up pretty bad by Kent State at home. Take your organized crime elsewhere.
- Speaking of recent brand power that glosses over a shoddy resume - hello, Boise State. The coaches/SIDs have the Broncos at 14 which is wildly lazy.
- There aren't many other huge changes at the top. Some new faces emerge at the bottom. November 3rd is the aforementioned demolition derby we've all been awaiting.